Knots and Weaves Fluid Painting Time Lapse
Kelly from Messy Ever After here! I have become obsessed with fine lining lately. I love working with fluid acrylics, but I felt like my work needed ‘more’ so I’ve been going crazy with the line work. The final touch is to have music by Deep Love in the background. Good music makes art look so much better! You can find links to all of the materials used here:
If you enjoy this video please like, subscribe, and follow Messy Ever After on the various social media platforms listed below and consider becoming a Patron to support more content like this in the future. Check out my online store to see which pieces I have available for sale.
“So Chill” by Deep Love
To hear more from Deep Love visit: http://smarturl.it/dfd1zt
To learn more about the band visit: https://therealdeeplove.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/messyeverafter
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/messyeverafter
- Online Store: http://shop.messyeverafter.com/
- Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/messyeverafter
Fluid Paint Mixture and Recipe:
I mix 1/2 Floetrol and 1/2 Acrylic paint to begin. Stir this until smooth, then add water and stir until paint flows off your stir stick when lifted up.
- Floetrol Flood (You may be able to find cheaper options at home improvement stores in the paint section)-http://amzn.to/2qoVRfH
- Artist’s Loft Acrylic Paint (For white and black)- (Michaels) http://bit.ly/2AFCI9j
- Artist’s Loft Acrylic Paint (for colors)- (Micheals) http://bit.ly/2CsojP7
- Liquitex High Gloss Varnish- http://amzn.to/2EWdmHh
- 8″x10″ Canvases- http://bit.ly/2oGh57n
- 13 Inch Icing Spatula- http://amzn.to/2m02lfg
Fine Lining Bottle:
The bottle is filled with acrylic paint and a little bit of water for a better flow.
- Fineline Precision Applicator 20 Gauge– http://amzn.to/2CTrHDQ
Once I finish with the fluid pour, I sprayed a mixture of 1/3 silicone and 2/3 rubbing alcohol onto my canvas. This is what created the cells at the end. Use a small spray bottle with a fine mist and just do one spritz and watch the cells come out.
- 100% Treadmill Lubricant- http://amzn.to/2CDMC0C
Storage Bottles for Paint:
I love to premix my paints to save time when I am creating. I store them in these bottles:
- 16 oz Squeeze Bottles (6 pack)- http://amzn.to/2Cuyjat
- 4 oz Squeeze Bottles (12pack)- http://amzn.to/2CXwMLk
HELP AN ARTIST OUT
As many of you know, I am a full time creator. I am always very open about the products and techniques I use, because I feel that inspiring creativity in others is way more important and rewarding than safeguarding my ‘secrets’.
That being said, if I have helped foster your creativity and inspire you in any way, consider becoming a Patron of Messy Ever After through Patreon to help me continue the work I do. There are perks!