Messy Ever After’s Most Commonly Used Materials and Products
Hey there, I get asked a lot about the various products I use to make my art so I have linked most of them below. If I missed anything, let me know and I will add it to the list! *I do get a small kickback if you purchase through the Amazon links, but it’s at no additional cost to you!
Paint Spatula and Paint Storage Bottles:
I use an icing spatula to spread my base coats of paint and often pre-mix my paints and store them in squeeze bottles. I use the 16 oz bottles to store black and white paints since I use so much of them, and the 4 oz bottles for my colors.
- 13 Inch Icing Spatula- http://amzn.to/2m02lfg
- 16 oz Squeeze Bottles (6 pack)- http://amzn.to/2Cuyjat
- 4 oz Squeeze Bottles (12pack)- http://amzn.to/2CXwMLk
Varnishes and Mediums
I love Liquitex products. I’ve just recently started using the High Gloss Varnish in replacement of the Gloss Medium and Varnish and I love it. The finish is much smoother. Apply these with a foam brush.
- Liquitex High Gloss Varnish- http://amzn.to/2EWdmHh
- Liquitex Gloss Medium and Varnish- http://amzn.to/2CFByA9
I buy bulk packs from Michaels when I have coupons or they are on sale. Bargains are the best!
- 11″x14″ Canvases- http://bit.ly/2BVuhYD
- 9″x12″ Canvases- http://bit.ly/2F0iABN
- 8″x10″ Canvases-http://bit.ly/2oGh57n
- Staedtler Watercolor Set- http://amzn.to/2GgglLb
- Canson XL Watercolor Paper 140LB- http://amzn.to/2Brkzwa
Help an Artist Out
As many of you know, I am a full time creator. I am always very open about the products and techniques I use, because I feel that inspiring creativity in others is way more important and rewarding than safeguarding my ‘secrets’.
That being said, if I have helped foster your creativity and inspire you in any way, consider becoming a Patron of Messy Ever After through Patreon to help me continue the work I do. There are perks!